How It Works
Borrower Defines Loan Request
Lender Accepts Loan Request
Lender Uses Collateralized Credit Coins
Borrower Pays Back the Loan
We add something very essential: low collateral crypto loans and transferability of the loans.
We offer peer-to-peer lending/borrowing of ether and stablecoins. You control your assets – we are non-custodial marketplace
Low Collateral for the Borrowers
Credit risk is managed through a combination of collateral, loss provisions, legal enforcement, credit scoring, and additional methods
Transferability of Loans for the Lenders
The lender will receive Credit-Coins for every loan. The lender can use Credit-Coins to pay third parties. Third parties can pay other parties with the Credit-Coins. Interest and principal are paid to the Credit-Coin holders at the loan expiration.
Passive Income for Passive Investors
The passive investor can define his investment rules for his private fixed income fund. The passive investor can relax – this fund invests as an automated investment engine.
Tokenization of Loans for the Lenders
Loan agreements are tokenized into freshly minted ERC20 Credit-Coins. Credit-Coins are interest-bearing and transferable. Credit-Coins are value protected with the collateral and loss provisions fund.
Automated Crypto Credit Score
All borrowers will be ranked via:
Analytics of borrowers social media profiles. Analytics of borrowers blockchain history. Psychometric analysis.Good Credit Score results in lower interest
Blockchain In Lending: 30 Startups To Watch In 2019
Will there be credit-money in the crypto sphere?
What Are The Top Challenges To Blockchain Adoption In Lending? 13 Experts Share Their Insights
Crypto credit money — Will this time be different?
Crypto Way to Take back control over your money!
Blockchain In Lending Use Case #6: SmartCredit.io
What Is The Future Of Blockchain In Lending? 13 Experts Share Their Insights
SmartCredit.io is for everyone
- Low Collateral Requirements
- Higher capability to borrow than other platforms
- Monetize your data via credit rating – earn better collateral and interest requirements via good credit rating
- 2-Click Consumer Credit
- The freshly minted Credit-Coins (ccETH, ccDAI), which represent the underlying loan agreement, are distributed to the lender
- Transferability of the credit – lenders will keep their liquidity after lending out their funds (ccETH, ccDAI)
- Lenders can use their ccETH and ccDAI to pay third parties
- All loans are protected via collateral and loss provisions fund
- Earn passive income via the “private fixed income funds”, which invest based on the pre-defined rules
- Receive the pro-rata interest and principal payments for ccETH and ccDAI
- Pay next parties with the Credit-Coins
- Integrate our non-custodial ”Credit As A Service” API
- Earn revenues from the loan origination – monetize your user basis
The SmartCredit.io vision is to solve the credit money problem in the crypto space by way of decentralized
peer-to-peer lending. This results in the creation of decentralized credit money for the crypto space.
- 2017 October — Concept
- 2017 December — Whitepaper
- 2018 March — Prototype
- 2018 May — Pilot Phase I
- 2018 September — Pilot Phase II
- 2019 January — Pilot Phase III
- 2019 April — Registration and Public Pilot
- 2020 April — Launch
- 2020 Q3 — Launch Cross-Chain Collateral
- After 10’000 Registrations — IEO
Meet the Team
Co-Founder & CEO
Co-Founder & CTO
Başak Burcu Yiğit
Marketing & Business Development
Chief Creative Officer
Meet the Advisory Board
Daniel Burgwinkel, Ph.D.
Blockchain Business Model Advisor
Credit Risk Models Advisor
Latest Blog Posts
Sorry, no posts were found.
Sorry, no posts were found.
Our product launch will be in 2020 April.
Creditors from any country may use SmartCredit.io. However, borrowers should be from countries in which SmartCredit.io is officially launched.
Our intention is to make SmartCredit.io a truly global platform. All major world languages will eventually be supported.
Ether and ERC20 Ethereum tokens. When other smart contract platforms become popular, we will add support for them, too.
Our first release supports the desktop Chrome browser with Metamask. In subsequent releases, additional browsers and mobile platforms will be introduced.
USD 1 million
Please use contact form to reach us, we will answer as soon as possible.