Our aim at SmartCredit.io is to create a liberating credit system. Cryptocurrencies have entered the lending world, and the number of people who want to obtain loans in decentralized blockchain ecosystems is continuously increasing. However, more than 50% of crypto lending is based on custodial platforms.
Custodial platforms can have the following disadvantages:
- Custodial platforms control the private keys of their users, meaning these platforms own the assets.
- Custodial platforms are part of the centralized financial system and not part of the decentralized financial system.
- Custodial platforms cannot produce APIs and widgets that can be integrated with other platforms.
This last point about APIs and widgets is exactly where SmartCredit.io adds value to the ecosystem. SmartCredit.io’s DeFi system is advantageous not only for lenders, borrowers, investors, or merchants but also for other platforms that offer solutions related to cryptocurrency systems. Other platforms can integrate the SmartCredit.io Crypto Credit API and/or widgets and can offer decentralized credit directly to their users.
What Can You Do with Crypto Credit API?
If you are the owner of a platform that offers cryptocurrency-based solutions, you can integrate the crypto credit service into your platform using SmartCredit.io APIs and widgets. This integration will allow your platform to earn half the loan origination fees; the other half will go to SmartCredit.io.
Crypto projects usually build their own applications for specific capability—payments, wallets, exchanges, social media, etc. All of them have the same key issue: how to monetize their user base. For example, crypto wallets are free, so how can they generate revenue?
One way is to introduce premium models, but most projects choose not to do this. The other, more preferred way is to integrate value-added services:
- Free crypto wallets could integrate exchange and credit services to earn additional revenues. That’s what ca. 1/3 of crypto wallets do.
- Crypto payment providers could integrate exchange services and credit services. Payment providers would earn additional revenues on the bid-ask spread and on the loan origination fees.
- Social media providers could integrate exchange services, credit services, and payment services.
This approach would allow every service provider to add value, providing services and monetizing their user base. SmartCredit.io will be a key pillar for this approach because SmartCredit.io offers credit services.
How do I integrate the SmartCredit.io Crypto Credit API?
There are two ways of integration:
- Integration via the widgets: This is user-interface-based integration; for example, you can integrate SmartCredit.io widgets into your crypto payment platform or into your social media platform. Your users could then take or give credit directly from your website.
- Integration via the API: Your platform would have to call our platform via the API, and you could develop the user interface as you would like. Your users could then take credit or give credit directly from your website.
The first approach is much faster:
- SmartCredit.io would generate API keys for you (you would have to keep them in secure storage).
- For every user, you would have to call the “registerUser” call from our API.
- And for every session, you would have to call the “getSecurityToken” call from our API.
How Does the SmartCredit.io Crypto Credit API Work?
Platforms that integrate SmartCredit.io will earn additional revenues via loan origination. These platforms can monetize their user base. The key idea of SmartCredit.io is to become the backbone of credit—it’s about focusing on the credit risk and loan origination. User acquisition would be via a high number of partners, which would earn half of the loan origination fees.
What are the Key Advantages of the Credit As A Service API?
- Integrating partners will bring users and will earn 50% of the loan origination fees.
- Integrating partners will bind users to their platforms—users do not need to switch to other platforms for the value-adding services.
- Integrating partners do not need to build up and develop credit and credit risk management systems.
- io takes care of the credit risk management.
Example Case Uses Credit As A Service API—SpendTrack.com
All of the benefits detailed above will allow third parties to monetize their user bases. For example, let’s consider a blockchain-based social media platform. The Credit As A Service API, which is integrated into this type of platform, can enable more users to try the credit service in a short time and the platform to generate more revenue and can increase its traffic. At the end of the day, this API enhances both SmartCredit.io and the platform using the API.
SpendTrack, as a new-generation blockchain-based social media platform, is a system that allows existing cryptocurrencies to be distributed to users through content creation and other engagement rates. SpendTrack uses SmartCredit.io’s Credit As A Service API on its system.
Who can benefit from SmartCredit.io’s APIs and Widgets?
Widgets offered as Credit As A Service can be used by the following platforms:
- Wallet providers
- Crypto Payment providers
- Crypto Banks
All these platforms can strengthen their client relationship and earn revenues at the same time.